No matter what your occupation is, time management is key. Many people struggle with keeping a good schedule and unfortunately, miss great opportunities to expand their communication networks. We at FeedUs.Media want to help! We have come up with a very simple time management schedule that we use in our own business, and you can adapt as necessary to help your business.
In the past, we have blogged about content management, the key to staying abreast of changes and opportunities in the digital world. Small businesses especially have a difficult time with this because of budget and time restrictions: if you are busy working at your food cart all day, who has time to constantly update social media or write a blog post? And, chances are, you don’t have the budget to hire someone to do it for you. Content is SO important, and we know that you DO have time, but you have to change your perspective on how to devote that time through the power of positive thinking.
Yeah, yeah, we know. It sounds trite to say positivity can get your business where you want to be. But, if you think of every content update as a potential sale, maybe it doesn’t sound so cheesy. Social media makes content updates very easy, and it is important to keep in mind that every retweet, share, or check-in is a chance to communicate with your friends and customers. Remember, they follow your feed because they want to know what you are doing at your business! Anyone can take five minutes out of their day to update one part of their online presence. Five minutes in the morning, or a quick recap of your work day when you get home can go a long way. Maybe you had a particularly discouraging day at work – we all do sometimes. You can take a minute to ask your friends and followers to share your business page. Or maybe you can share a quick story about a good customer. Personalizing your information can help you stay focused on the positives. All it takes is five minutes!
Back to the scheduling part of your online presence: we use the following schedule in our own business, and encourage you to try it out. A little effort can go a long way to increasing your business.
Time Management Mockup Plan
- Daily content publishing. This can be a share, a retweet, blog. Keep the channels as open as possible to the messaging of your business. Keep it fun, interactive, informative, and relevant.
- Weekly objective updates of all forums. Make sure everything works, and it looks clean and neat. Be objective! Look at your site as if you were visiting the page. Does it give all the information a client needs?
- Monthly updates in the form of a longer blog post or seasonal update. this can also mean changing out banners or profile photos. Adding sale items can keep your information fresh and interactive. Maybe you can do a contest to get more traffic. The choice is yours, so have fun with it!
- Monthly blog reading about the changes to platforms.Sometimes, updates on platforms (such as Facebook) alter who sees your posts. Make sure that every month, you are taking a little time to stay on top of rule changes or new offerings. (For instance, did you know that Twitter now has embedded advertising, similar to Facebook’s “sponsored posts”?)
- Yearly renewals. Keep a list with passwords so you stay current! And, don’t keep a virtual list, make a physical hard copy that you can keep in a safe place. I don’t know how many times I’ve had a list on my computer that somehow gets lost.
That’s our short, simple schedule. All you have to do is make it part of your day. Remember the power of positive thinking and treat every update as a better way for your customers to find you.
FeedUs.Media wants to help! When you share our page and posts, we return the favor. One of our goals is to increase the network of creative people, agricultural and restaurant entrepreneurs, and community-minded folks. We are all in this together!